Investigating Car Accidents Caused by Defective Design
- Was the car accident or SUV rollover really your fault? Or were there other factors that contributed to the accident?
- Were your serious injuries inevitable or did a car seat back failure or defective air bag make it much worse?
- Would your loved one have died in that car wreck if there hadn’t been a gas fire and explosion because of the fuel tank location?
Anytime people are seriously injured or killed in a car crash, it’s easy to blame the victim for the accident. But it may not have been their fault at all. It’s important to look at all the possible factors that could have contributed to causing the crash or causing the injuries.
The personal injury attorneys at Broussard & Hart, L.L.C., in Lake Charles, have a demonstrated track record of helping injured people achieve financial awards after motor vehicle accidents. We have recovered more than $80 million dollars for injured clients and their families. We can help you
What is Defective Design?
Manufacturers warrant that their products are free from defects and fit for their intended use (and likely road conditions) when they sell those products. But is that really true? Did the company do adequate testing to determine:
- If the roof of that SUV or passenger van could withstand a rollover (which could occur) or did SUV suffer roof collapse and passengers suffer head injuries?
- If the car was involved in an accident, even at slow speeds, whether its bumpers would hold up?
- If the car was struck at a certain angle, if it would explode? If the seat back would fail? If the airbag would deploy? Or fail to deploy?
Design, testing, and redesign are necessary to ensure that a car, an SUV, a passenger van, or even just a single car part is actually safe.
Why Do These Tragedies Happen?
If our accident reconstruction expert, looking at the scene of a fatal accident, can see the problems… if the same scene has played out dozens or hundreds of times across the country… why is it still happening? Why are unsafe cars or unsafe car parts still sold?
The sad truth is it’s a numbers game and a manufacturer may have taken a calculated risk that the problem wouldn’t occur. When it does occur and real lives are shattered and lost, those same manufacturers need to be held accountable. That’s what we do at Broussard & Hart.
We thoroughly in investigate every case we handle. We work with accident reconstruction specialists, engineers, and designers to get to the bottom of what really happened in your accident. Contact our Lake Charles law office or call (337) 439-2450 (Toll Free: 866-281-4774) to arrange a free and confidential consultation. We will respond quickly to your inquiry.