We love a good Super Bowl party at Broussard & Hart, but did you know Super Bowl Sunday is also one the biggest days of the year for DUIs and drunk driving crashes?
If you’re planning on spending Super Bowl LIV at a party, make advance plans for safe travel. No football game, not even the Super Bowl, is worth getting a DUI, and especially not worth hurting yourself or someone else.
Be smart and be safe this year by following these tips to reduce the risk to yourself and others:
Be a Smart Host with These Party Planning Tips
If you’re planning on hosting a Super Bowl party, the team at Broussard & Hart has some tips on how to keep things fun while still keeping your guests safe.
- Provide plenty of water and other non-alcoholic drinks.
- Never provide alcohol to underage guests.
- Offer desserts and coffee instead of alcohol after the end of the third quarter.
- Sometimes driving home drunk makes perfect sense to a drunk person. If your guests don’t appear safe to drive home, don’t let them. Remind them to call a cab or LYFT/UBER or give them a place to sleep.
- Stay relatively sober yourself. You’re the host.
- Make sure all walkways to, around, and in your home are free of tripping hazards.
- Keep pets away from guests. Even pets who are normally friendly may bite or scratch if surprised by loud noises, like cheering at a touchdown, or by too many unfamiliar people.
- Be aware of all food allergies of your guests, and clean your cutting boards and knives frequently when preparing food.