Motorcycle accidents cause a much higher incidence of death and injury per accident than do car accidents. If you are involved in a vehicular accident and you are on a motorcycle, you are three times more likely to be injured and 14 times more likely to be killed. Helmet laws, enacted in many states, are helping to reduce these numbers, but motorcyclists are still at far greater risk of death or injury than people in passenger vehicles. In many injury and fatal accident claims involving motorcycles, riders face a social stigma as reckless individuals with a death wish. Insurance companies play upon this to help pin blame for the accident on the rider. In reality, it’s drivers who take chances with people’s lives on the road by failing to look before turning or changing lanes, following too close and other reckless behavior, who are most often responsible.
Motorcycle Injury Attorneys
The motorcycle injury attorneys at Broussard & Hart, L.L.C. know the dangers riders and their passengers face on Louisiana’s roads and highways; we are riders ourselves. If you have been in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, contact us at our Lake Charles law office for a no-cost initial consultation.
If you are hurt or have a family member killed in collision with a car or truck, we offer experienced legal advice and representation in filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Our law firm represents clients from Allen to Cameron Parish and all communities in between. Whether you suffer broken bones and road rash injuries or become partially or fully disabled from a traumatic brain injury or serious spinal cord injury, we conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident. We carefully determine the extent of your injury and work with experts in life care management to ensure you find the medical care and the financial compensation you need today, and deserve to help ease your recovery in the years ahead.
Motorcycle Accident Prevention
It is always wise to take precautions when riding a motorcycle:
- Wear a helmet and require your passengers to do so.
- Obey the traffic laws, especially in regard to speeding, passing, and following too closely.
- Remember that you are not as large or as visible as an automobile, so do all you can to increase your own visibility, such as riding with the headlight on at all times and wearing reflective clothing after dark.
- Be sure you are able to control the motorcycle while carrying a passenger and insist that the passenger obey your directions.
- Road hazards have a much greater affect on a small two-wheel vehicle, so watch for bumps, cracks in the road, loose gravel or any other condition that might cause you to lose control.
Wrongful Death Attorney
Personal Injury Attorney
24 Hour Response
Our attorneys will review your case and represent you throughout your motorcycle crash claim. Contact Broussard & Hart L.L.C. today for help pursuing a motorcycle accident settlement. Your first consultation is free and we won’t charge fees unless money is recovered.
Need to Learn More about Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits?
More on our Blog